Wednesday 11 June 2014

Fuchsia and Cream Tea!

Sally and Ted tied the knot in September 2012 at the Langtry Manor in the seaside town of Bournemouth surrounded by their children, family and friends. 
 
"We met on the internet! Our first date was at the boathouse in Christchurch in 2009."
"We got engaged two and a half years later. We were on holiday in Turkey and Ted proposed while we were on a romantic dinner on a private boat. The boat stopped below the floodlit rock tombs in Dalyan and he leant over and proposed - I wasn't expecting it, although apparently most of the hotel staff knew what he had planned!"
 "We hadn't intended to get married for a couple of years, but went along to the Bournemouth wedding fair in January/February 2012 and then decided to arrange the wedding for the September of that year. The style and theme evolved once we decided on the venue. We wanted an afternoon tea for closer friends and family and then more of a party in the evening for additional guests." 
 
"We visited a number of  potential hotels and venues in Bournemouth and New Forest areas and realised The Langtry Manor in Bournemouth fitted the bill for us. A very impressive room with stained glass and a gallery for the ceremony, a garden for drinks, the same room changed around for afternoon tea, then a bigger room and garden across the road for the evening 'do'."

"I very much enjoyed having my dress made- although it is a little nerve racking not knowing exactly how it will turn out until quite near the date! I had a fairly good idea of what I wanted but couldn't find anything online or in any stores. When I met Frances and she did some initial sketches I knew I would end up with a fabric and style that suited me. She also helped me with accessories and my daughters bridesmaids dress which worked well as she knew the overall style I was going for." 

Sally's dress was a tea length gown based on our design Ava, however she had angora dupion with embellished tulle overlay in cappuccino. It also had a drop shoulder detail to cover the top of her arms and was one of the reasons she decided to have her dress made as she couldn't find it anywhere else.  



"We did most of the styling ourselves really. We designed the invitations and decided to go with a vintage style afternoon tea and hired in the vintage china. I wanted the china to be a big feature so we had a simple tall flower vase on each table with just three roses in each and I made all the name cards- a serviette tied up with ribbon-not something I ever thought I would be doing! In the evening for the party we had a fantastic singing group and went with a black/pink theme for the chairs, tables and balloons- it all looked great. A BBQ was served and a local ice cream maker provided two previously picked flavours."


"It was marvelous- the weather was good and well- the next day we had a beach hut and about 40 people came down there for the afternoon. It all really did turn out how we planned it."

"The best part of my day was probably the tea and speeches -it was lovely hearing our sons make speeches about us (my son gave me away and both of Teds were best men) and seeing our friends and family looking on."

"My words of wisdom would be don't accept the first quote you get for something- shopping around is very easy online nowadays. Stay calm, and although it can be quite a lot of hard work, enjoy organizing your wedding-it will be fabulous."

We are thrilled that Sally and Ted had the simple, stylish day they had dreamed of, and we wish them all the best for the future.
Frances and the Chaotic team. 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment